Featured / Business / 4th April 2023
Council votes on community donations
A number of community groups are financially better off thanks to the generosity of the Warrumbungle Shire Council.
At the recent Council meeting on Thursday, 16 March, councillors voted on the second round of the Community Financial Assistance Donations.
Different community groups benefited from the donation, with most receiving $460 to go towards their organisation and projects.
In accordance with Council’s Community Financial Assistance Donation guidelines, applications are assessed against the following criteria;
- Contribution to addressing gaps in service provision or community development programs and activities;
- Activities which promote community development in a multicultural context and seek to address issues of access and equity;
- Involvement from volunteers and self-help initiatives which build upon Council’s contribution;
- Consumer/ user participation in management of services/activities;
- Innovative and creative approaches to identified needs;
- Activities which use Council funding attract further resources and funding.
Shire mayor, Cr Ambrose Doolan said Council was proud to be able to give back to the community.
“Well, Council is a part of the community too, so it’s appropriate that we make even small contributions to other community groups to help them carry out the vital work they do,” he said.
“And if you have a look at the list of recipients, there is a very broad range of different groups we support in that way.”
The above organisations will receive support from Warrumbungle Shire Council via the latest round of its Community Financial Assistance Donation program.