News / Community / 15th September 2021
Positive COVID-19 case for Warrumbungle Shire - is lockdown on the cards?
As news spread that a positive COVID-19 case had been declared in Warrumbungle Shire on Wednesday, 15 September, many local residents and business owners have been left wondering if a snap lockdown is on the cards?
Member for Barwon, Roy Butler, said he was hopeful Warrumbungle Shire would not be dragged back into a lockdown following the news of a positive COVID-19 case in Mendooran.
A young child has returned a positive test, but Mr Butler said the family had been in isolation during the infectious period.
“They don’t live in town, they live out of town and are continuing to isolate and having food delivered to them,” Mr Butler said.
“We are confident it’s not a case that’s going to lead to other cases.
“It would be different if it was an adult that had been out visiting different places.”
Mr Butler said he believed the child contracted the illness from Dubbo cluster.
“I first became aware of it yesterday afternoon and spent much of the night on the phone to Western NSW Local Health District and the deputy premier,” he explained.
“I’m hopeful it doesn’t come to a lockdown, but if another member of the community does test positive it would be hard to get around.”